Popcorn is a variety of corn kernel, which expands and puffs up when heated. Popcorn is prepared with very less oil and is a healthy snacks for adults and kids. It is low on calories and hig in fibre. It will help you loose weight and to maintain blood sugar level. It is full of vitamins and minerals…so why are you waiting for? Go get a pack of dried corn and you can prepare these crispy and tasty pop corn in just 5 minutes. Homemade pop corn is prepared using dried corn kernels, salt, turmeric, oil and a pressure cooker. This is a very easy way to prepare popcorn at home.
1/4 cup dried corn kernels
1/4 tsp salt
1 tbsp cooking oil (Also you can use butter or ghee).
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a pressure cooker.
- Add in 1/4 tsp salt and a big pinch of turmeric. Adjust the salt level as per your taste.
- Add in 1/4 cup of dried corn kernels. You can increase the quantity as per your requirement.
- Toss it well. Corn kernels should mix well with all ingredients.
- Within few minutes, the corn kernels will start to pop. Reduce the flame to medium.
- Immediately close the lid upside down and allow it to pop at medium flame.
- Wait until popping sound has subsided around 2 minutes, switch off the stove and open the lid. Toss it and serve it.