Dessert is a course that concludes a meal. Traditional Kerala is known for its delicious food, which is rich in coconut and rice. Ada Pradhaman is an yummy,traditional Kerala dessert recipe that is made specially during Onam and Vishu. Onam sadya would not be complete without Ada pradhaman. Lets see the preparation of Kerala style Ada pradhaman recipe.
Ada Pradhaman Recipe
1/2 cup Ada 75 gms
250 gms Jaggery
2-3 tsp Ghee
1.75 cups Medium thick coconut milk
1.25 cups Thick coconut milk
1-2 tbsp Tiny coconut slices (thengakothu)
A handful of Cashew nut
2-3 Cardamom crushed
- First, soak ada in water for 30 minutes. Extract thick and thin coconut milk.
- Take Jaggery and water in a pan and melt it, strain it through a filter and keep by side. Meanwhile, fry cashews and coconut bits with a tsp of ghee till golden brown.
- Roll boil water in a pan, add the ada, and cook till it is soft and but not mushy (half cooked). Drain the water, and rinse it in cold water for 2 to 3 times. This step is to prevent the ada from sticking.
- Pour the melted jaggery in a pan, and add the cooked ada. Now cook the ada in low flame.
- The ada thickens and now pour thin coconut milk and cook in low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Pour thick coconut milk and add fried cashews, cardamom powder, coconut bits, ghee and mix well. Don’t boil after adding thick coconut milk or else there is a chance to get curdled. Just give a quick stir and switch off the flame.
Delicious Ada Pradhaman is ready. Serve hot.