Jelly Slice is a delicious classic recipe that you will love!! Jelly slice is an Australian dessert which consists of three layers: a crust, a filling and a topping. Jelly Slice is high up on the list and it is easy to make!!Your children will love it!! Onto the recipe….
Crunchy yummy jelicious Jelly slice
250g plain sweet biscuits (I used Marie biscuits)
175g butter, melted
Pinch of ground cinnamon
395g can Condensed Milk
1/2 cup (125ml) strained lemon juice
3/4 cup (180ml) boiling water
2 teaspoons gelatine powder
85g red jelly crystals
- Grease and line the base and sides of a 20cm x 30cm slice pan, extending paper 2cm above the sides of the pan.
- Process biscuits in a food processor to fine crumbs. Add butter and cinnamon and process again.
- Press biscuit mixture into the base of prepared pan. Chill for 30 minutes or until firm.
- Combine condensed milk with lemon juice in medium bowl.
- Combine boiling water and gelatine in a small jug. Stir until completely dissolved, then stir into condensed milk mixture.
- Pour over biscuit base and return to the refrigerator for 1 hour or until set.
- Meanwhile, prepare jelly according to packet instructions, using 100ml less cold water than directed. Allow to come to room temperature.
- Pour jelly mixture over set milk filling. Chill for a further 1 hour or until jelly is set. Carefully remove slice from pan, then slice to serve.